Principal Data Scientist
Title: Principal Data Scientist
Employer: iSOCRATES MAdTech Private Limited
Reports to: Manager – Business Intelligence, Data Science and Engineering
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on, builds, owns, and manages data-driven, mission-critical marketing and advertising platforms, technologies, and processes as the Global Leader in MadTech Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES has two lines of business: Products (MAdTechBI™) & Services (Consulting: Strategy and Operations; Managed Services).
iSOCRATES is staffed 24/7/365 with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists who save partners money, time, and achieve transparent, accountable performance while delivering extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training. The company is headquartered and with its expert Partner Success team based in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A., and has its own global delivery center in Mysuru, Karnataka, India.
iSOCRATES is looking to add a Principal Data Scientist to its growing Data Science team. The PDS will lead the team that defines, describes, architects, reports on, analyzes, predicts, and proscribes all audience, campaign and related programmatic media trading data as well as select partner-focused Managed Services and Outsourced Services on behalf of select supply-side and demand-side partners. The PDS will support all managers and teammates in their day-to-day media trading desk activities across a variety of digital and offline media channels including, but not limited to: display, mobile, video, social, native, and advanced TV/Audio ad products. The Principal Data Scientist will report directly to Manager, BIDS&E. iSOCRATES is seeking qualified candidates to work on-site, full-time in Mysuru, India and who are eligible to travel to the U.S.
- Hands-on experience with media and marketing data and analytical teams
- Hands-on experience with structured and unstructured audience, pricing and contextual data, analytics and reporting
- Hands-on experience with various rigorous statistical, econometric and Big Data methods to define requirements, design analytics solutions, analyze results, identify problems/opportunities, and optimize economic outcomes
- Hands-on experience architecting and managing dynamic data from multiple disparate sources
- Experience supporting programmatic, audience, CRM, DSP, DMP, CDP, and SSP systems is required
- Strong analytical, data modeling, audience and price action data-focused sensibilities and skills is a requirement
- Hands-on knowledge of DSPs, CDPs, SSPs, and DMPs is desired along with good understanding of integrating digital advertising and marketing data as it relates to creation, implementation, analysis, modeling, yield and optimization of supply and demand
- The ability to manage your own work, multitask and work well with U.S., offshore and local team members is also required to be successful in this position
- Excellent communication skills in English are required plus English presentation and partner relationship building skills is required
The Principal Data Scientist’s main responsibility is to be a great player-coach innovating and working hands-on in a team that:
- Manages and architects a variety of data and analytic platforms and develops proprietary data and technology
- Analyzes data and optimizes audience composition, audience value, media trading, content composition and campaign performance to ensure successful delivery and outcomes
- Sources and manages 1st/2nd/3rd party audience, content, contextual, taxonomies and pricing data
- Designs and delivers actionable partner-focused results proactively and on-demand
- Conceptualizes, architects, builds, manages and delivers unique, innovative data-driven media, marketing, analytics and reporting solutions for use by the Data Science team, iSOCRATES teams and iSOCRATES partner including the automation of iSOCRATES products
As the leader of the team, the PDS is responsible for:
- Setting department priorities, goals and objectives, budget, recruiting, training, work ethic, and culture
- Building and leading productive, service-oriented relationship between the Data Science department and other iSOCRATES departments and between the department and external stakeholders
- Embodying, conveying, and sustaining Company Values, Mission, and Vision to direct and indirect reports
- Data requirements, relationships, design, architecture, models, management and evolution
- Data collection implementations, management, quality assurance, validations and optimizations
- Design and architecture of data collection, storage and analytics systems, specification, deployment and use of tools for in-depth, complex analysis, predictive models, reporting and visualization builds, deployments, management, maintenance and optimizations
- Work directly with the Product and System development teams to design products for partner and operations on systems architected, implemented and managed by the data and analytics, development and support teams
- Key deliverables for this role will be to analyze audience profiles, segments and attributes, revenue, value, bid behavior, bid density, and anomalous trading behavior as well as opportunities to create tradeable ad products and approaches
- Working directly with Consultants, Media Traders, Yield, Operations, Finance, Sales, Business Development, Product, Development, and Data Science team members to insure reliable data quality, completeness, predictions and yield
- Additional deliverables for this role will be to analyze ad inventory, eCPM, fill rate, audiences, and anomalous trading behavior as well as opportunities to create tradeable ad products and approaches
- Designing analytics dashboards and visualizations to monitor performance and develop optimizations of programmatic and audience informed media campaigns across business partners’ media channels: Website, Mobile Applications, Social Media platforms and more
- Creating and delivering digital media audience insights and opportunities via advanced predictive modeling and analysis with the goal of offering real-time insights to key stakeholders ensuring campaigns are effectively analyzed for successful performance as well as keeping internal teams informed of overall company and business partner performance patterns and opportunities
- Work with business partner teams to assist in their revenue-related content and audience planning
- Support the development and analysis of audience extension and audience development initiatives across display, mobile, video, social formats and more
- Responsible for the optimization around data operations efforts: collection and analytics standards, technology, latest innovations in measurement, modeling, data architecture, analysis, visualizations, process improvement, best practices, data platforms, data management, etc.
- Measure, analyze and optimize direct and programmatic campaigns for both supply and demand
- Provide thorough projections and analysis of all performance metrics associated with individual campaigns, properties, partners and business units
- Provide ongoing support to DMP/CDP, Partner Success, and Product (MAdTechBITM) teams
- Manage Data Scientist and team responsible for standard and custom audience analysis and reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad-hoc time periods and time period comparisons, as well as other monetization related efforts specifically tied to iSOCRATES Data Enhanced MediaTM opportunities and campaign delivery
- Develop Machine Learning and Deep Learning-based approaches to audience- and non-audience-based ad inventory price-value discovery and optimization
- At least 8 years in Data and Predictive analytics design, build, modeling, mining, analysis, reporting and optimization with Publisher-side and/or Agency experience at data/tech provider, major media firm and/or Agency and/or Exchange and/or Ad Network
- Minimum 3 years Publisher and/or Advertiser Data Analytics and Modeling experience desired
- Masters and/or Ph.D, required in Math/Statistics/Engineering/Science/Business
- Mastery of math, statistics, data collection, storage, management, mining and modeling, business intelligence, digital analytics and tools, marketing science (effectiveness and attribution), media research (RFM), web analytics (Google and/or Adobe), logistic regression, customer segmentation and lifetime value, persona building, scoring, bayesian methods, parametric and non-parametric methods, and Machine Learning/Deep Learning (i.e., Python, R, mldb.ai, scikit and related ML libraries, Hadoop, Spark, mySQL, APIs, AWS S3)
- Experience in data architecture, databases, ETL, SQL, analysis, reporting and visualization, cloud-based distributed computing and predictive modeling is required
- Strong understanding of digital advertising and digital data: website and email display advertising, social media, audience identification and targeting, etc.
- Experience building first-party and second-party data strategies including creation of hierarchies and first-party data attributes and segments. Experience designing, building, targeting and managing DMP-based Audience Segments from 1st/2nd/3rd Party Data
- Experience with at least some of the following programmatic, auction-based media systems: Xandr, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle Audience Manager, LOTAME, Google, FreeWheel, JW Player, tag creation and tag management, Operative, The TradeDesk, MediaMath, Beeswax, meta-DSPs, and/or multi-SSP configurations
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the analytics and revenue side of our business
- Open for relocation to Mysuru and travel to the U.S.