Automation QA Engineer
Title: Automation QA Engineer
Employer: iSOCRATES MAdTech Private Limited
Reports to: Architect
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies, and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion-dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Planning (Strategy and Operations Consulting)
- Execution (Managed Services and MAdTechBITM)
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly owned global delivery centre in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
We are looking for an automation QA engineer who is responsible for designing and writing test automation scripts using test automation frameworks. Investigating problems in software as a result of testing. working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
Roles and Responsibilities
- Jira- Creating tests, defects. Linking the tests to the user stories, generating reports/ dashboards etc.
UI functional testing Tools: Selenium, Cucumber and Java, Framework knowledge, Page Object Model design pattern, Maven, TestNG, Strong in Java. Java 8 experience is a bonus, Coding standards, best practices, Knowledge of executing tests locally and on remote machines.
- Cucumber knowledge ( happy to train in this area if the candidate is strong in other areas)
- API Testing Manual testing experience with Postman or equivalent tool, Automation testing experience with Java and Rest Assured preferably Postman and/or Soap UI, using console log, SQL, UNIX – comfortable using commands to navigate to directories, view files, move files, etc.
- Browser developer tools (F12).
- Compatibility Testing, Cross-browser/device automation testing, GIT or Similar tool, Branching and merge process
- Agile – contributor in all ceremonies, understands key principles
- Familiar with a range of requirements forming test basis (User Stories, tech specs, designs/wireframes, etc.)
- Test management tooling – preferably Jira with a test management add on such as Xray or Zephyr
- Experience working in global teams
- Ecommerce experience is preferable – even better if have platform experience (e.g. WebSphere Commerce, Hybris/SAP Commerce, Magento, Salesforce, etc.)
- Awareness/experience of CI/CD – knowledge of tool such as Jenkins preferable
- Compatibility testing Awareness of further non-functional testing, with basic experience – e.g. accessibility, performance, security
- Exploratory testing, Integration testing experience