DevOps Engineer/System Administrator
Title: DevOps Engineer/System Administrator
Reports to: iSOCRATES Technical Lead
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Consulting (Strategy and Operations)
- Managed Services (Managed Service Platforms and Business Process Outsourcing)
iSOCRATES offers these MAdTech solutions:
- Media Trading and Ad Operations
- Marketing Automation, Email, Search, and Social
- Creative Services
- Google, Salesforce, Adobe, Xandr (AppNexus), Amazon, Sisense, and Zeta Practices
- Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics, including MAdTechBI™
- Data Science and Engineering
- Data Onboarding/Modeling/Activation
- Administrative Services
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly-owned global delivery center in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
iSOCRATES is looking for a capable, motivated DevOps Engineer/System Administrator to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our computer systems, networks, routers, collaboration tools like: G suite Gmail, AWS, 8X8 cloud phone systems, DropBox, JIRA ticketing system, Salesforce Audience Studio (formerly known as Salesforce DMP) administration, Godaddy, CyberGhost, Sophos firewall, and not limited. As the only infrastructure staff member on our team, you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of partner-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Fluent in AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and/or other cloud solution providers
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Help the Director with day to office administration
Mandatory Soft Skills
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Associate or higher degree in a related field
- Extensive experience with VMware
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Basic understanding of digital marketing domain
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer\M.Sc. Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education along with relevant certifications like CCNA, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.