Title: Director, Technology
Reports to: Director, Global Delivery
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
Hire Date: Open
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Consulting (Strategy and Operations)
- Managed Services (Managed Service Platforms and Business Process Outsourcing)
iSOCRATES offers these MAdTech solutions:
- Media Trading and Ad Operations
- Marketing Automation, Email, Search, and Social
- Creative Services
- Google, Salesforce, Adobe, Xandr (AppNexus), Amazon, Sisense, and Zeta Practices
- Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics, including MAdTechBI™
- Data Science and Engineering
- Data Onboarding/Modeling/Activation
- Administrative Services
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly-owned global delivery center in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
The Director of Technology and Product Development is responsible for leading the organization in engineering and development for new products, product enhancements and product redesign. Evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Design new product solutions in concert with Director of Product Development, business model and customer needs
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring and managing projects such as preparation of schedule, status, delivery impact and risk, progress reports, records of expenditures, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Negotiates contracts with technology vendors and consulting firms for technology resources and engineering or other applicable systems and solutions
- Plans and formulates aspects of partner data analysis, engineering, process automation, product development and research proposals such as objective or purpose, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs, schedule, timeline, system requirements and human resource requirements
- Overall a minimum of 8 years in product engineering and development; with minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a Manager or Enterprise in Architect role
- Expertise working in developing, managing, using and understanding APIs
- Experience with Angular JS, Node JS, MVC architecture and Bootstrap
- Experience with digital advertising technologies, engineering, data and systems
- Working knowledge of Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) and Sell Side Platforms (SSPs)
- Familiarity with web traffic analytics; experience tagging pages for Adobe, Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of content management systems like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Working knowledge of data management platforms like Salesforce Audience Studio (formerly known as Salesforce DMP), Adobe, Oracle, etc.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence systems, Data Science Engineering and Distributed Computing
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of business and technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes and improve existing processes in and out of technology and product development
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results;
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged;
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable
- Strong English communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel within United States
Minimum Education Required
M.Sc. Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities