Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Science
Title: Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Science
Reports to: Sr. Director, Delivery
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Planning (Strategy and Operations Consulting)
- Execution (Managed Service and MAdTechBI™)
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly-owned global delivery center in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
iSOCRATES seeks a Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Science (BIDS) who is highly analytical, process-oriented and who can lead teams of Analysts, Developers, Data Scientists, and QA resources. As BIDS Manager, you will translate business and product requirements into analytics/reports/dashboards specifications and deliverables that can be used to gain business insight, predictive and prospective recommendations, and data visualization among other benefits. You will also be liaising with Business Users, Customers/Clients/Partners, internal Solutions Architects and Customer Success Partners, Engagement Managers and Data Warehouse Architects to plan and schedule new reporting and analytic solution projects, including DW upgrades, ETL and data processes, Data Modeling, and performance optimization.
You will lead the due diligence process in terms of the nature of the requirements in-take activities, understand the level of effort estimation, tech skills required, appropriate resource fitment, and build consensus with business and operations teams and communicate effectively with all stakeholders (external & internal). The ideal candidate has strong background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing, machine learning, engineering) and has applied those skills in solving real world problems across different businesses/functions.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions and drive solutions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Work closely with customers/Stakeholder teams to build out analytical solutions
- Candidates will need to develop deep expertise in ISOCRATES data sources and operation of analytical tools so that they can not only answer business questions but follow their own initiative to further drill down to find the true underlying reasons. Business Questions are likely to relate to Audience Segmentation and Value, Customer Acquisition and Activation, Range optimization, Promotion effectiveness, On-shelf availability, Pricing optimisation, Campaign Performance decomposition, clustering and identifying custom behavioral patterns
- Focus on continuous learning and development across Methods, Tools and Analytical problems
- Discuss with Business users to define and document new or enhanced reporting requirements
- Provide training and assistance to business users on the reporting tool for generation of reports and dashboards
- Design and articulate the data science solution relevant to the business problem/opportunity
- Lead identification of appropriate data science models and evaluate their fitment for the available data
- Articulate the insights from the models in business-friendly language and explain the workings of the model for business adoption
- Identify, develop, manage, and analyse to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of analytics projects/products
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools
- Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and predictive analytics to enable the team to scale
- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modelling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
- Collaborate with Product and Program management teams to design analytics frameworks that will support large-scale data-analysis and on-ground corrective actions
- Find insights that influence decisions (particularly new product/feature ideas). This work will span from early data explorations about user behavior, to multivariate experiments and optimizations
- Analyze and provide recommendations to influence our product and company strategy
- Provide user insights through data: cohorts analyses, user segmentation, long-term trends, industry, and competitor analysis and behavioral analyses
- Work with teams to establish and meet target timelines and KPIs
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Provide support for ad hoc requests from the Business Users
- Provide support for Analytics Processes monitoring and troubleshooting
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Independently determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Work with business partner teams to assist in their revenue-related content and audience planning
- Support the development and analysis of audience extension and audience development initiatives across display, mobile, video, social formats and more
- Responsible for the optimization around data operations efforts: collection and analytics standards, technology, latest innovations in measurement, modeling, data architecture, analysis, visualizations, process improvement, best practices, data platforms, data management, etc.
- Measure, analyze and optimize direct and programmatic campaigns for both supply and demand
- Provide thorough projections and analysis of all performance metrics associated with individual campaigns, properties, partners and business units
- Provide ongoing support to DMPaaS Partner Success, and Product (MAdTechBI and iSOCRATES ETL)
- Manage Data Scientist and team responsible for standard and custom audience analysis and reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad-hock time periods and time period comparisons, as well as other monetization related efforts specifically tied to iSOCRATES Data Enhanced MediaTM opportunities and campaign delivery
- Develop Machine Learning and Deep Learning-based approaches to audience- and non-audience-based ad inventory price-value discovery and optimization
- At least 5 years in Business Intelligence, Data and Predictive analytics design, build, modeling, mining, analysis, reporting and optimization with Publisher-side and/or Agency experience at data/tech provider, major media firm and/or Agency and/or Exchange and/or Ad Network
- Minimum 3 years Publisher and/or Advertiser Audience Data Analytics and Modeling experience desired
- Degree required in computer science, Math/Statistics/Science/Business/, Masters and or PhD preferred , Mastery of math, statistics, data collection, storage, management, mining and modeling, business intelligence, digital analytics and tools, marketing science (effectiveness and attribution), media research (RFM), web analytics (Google and/or Adobe), logistic regression, customer segmentation and lifetime value, persona building, scoring, bayesian methods, parametric and non-parametric methods, and Machine Learning/Deep Learning (i.e., Python, R, mldb.ai, scikit and related ML libraries, Hadoop, Spark, mySQL, APIs, AWS S3)
- Experience in data architecture, databases, ETL, SQL, analysis, reporting and visualization, cloud-based distributed computing and predictive modeling is required
- Strong understanding of digital advertising and digital data: website and email display advertising, social media, audience identification and targeting, etc.
- Experience building first-party and second-party data strategies including creation of hierarchies and first-party data attributes and segments. Experience designing, building, targeting and managing DMP-based Audience Segments from 1st/2nd/3rd Party Data.
- Experience with at least some of the following programmatic, auction-based media systems: AppNexus, Salesforce Audience Studio (formerly known as Salesforce DMP), Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle Audience Manager, LOTAME, Google DFP/DFA/DBM, AdX, TMS, Analytics, FreeWheel, JW Player, tag creation and tag management, Operative, The TradeDesk, MediaMath, Beeswax, meta-DSPs, and/or multi-SSP configurations.
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the analytics and revenue side of our business.