Team Lead, Media Trading and AdOps
Title: Team Lead, Media Trading and AdOps
Employer: iSOCRATES MAdTech Private Limited
Reports to: Manager, Media Trading and Adops
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies, and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion-dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Planning (Strategy and Operations Consulting)
- Execution (Managed Services and MAdTechBITM)
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly owned global delivery centre in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
We are looking for a Team Lead, Media Trading and Adops Reporting to the Manager of Media Trading and AdOps. Media Trading Team Lead will be an experienced expert at yield management using programmatic platforms for digital media publishers. This leader will play a pivotal role in contributing to the overall programmatic revenue growth, leveraging pricing and inventory to influence business strategies to maximize opportunities for our publishers.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with RTB, PMP, PG, and PD trading tactics and strategies. This leader will be a dynamic self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to think strategically while remaining detail oriented, brings simplicity to complex issues, and has a passion for working in a fast-paced environment.
In this cross functional role, the Team Lead, Media Trading and Adops will work closely with AdSales, Content Sales, AdTech (Product and Data) and other external vendors to ensure targets are being met and risks are known at the time of impact. The candidate will have a background in digital video, familiarity with programmatic marketplaces and auction dynamics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and operate yield management strategy, by optimizing pricing and advertising inventory via enhanced intelligence and controls
- Define floor prices per country, devices, formats, partner domains and updating them regularly to maximize Programmatic Monetization
- Automate deal strategies working closely with the Marketplace Ad Operations team to generate the optimal yield for partners.
- Liaise with multiple business areas (AdTech, AdOperations, Finance, AdSales, Partner Success) to define best practices, priorities and needs to optimize programmatic channels—present actionable recommendations and strategic proposals for full transparency
- Work closely with Product team to define the roadmap for continuous improvement in advertising yield management, including dynamic pricing that is responsive to real-time inventory and demand forecasts
- Establish evaluation criteria, profitability and pricing models, and approval frameworks to drive Direct and Indirect Sales
- Make rate card recommendations based on sell-through, product / targeting mix, and performance for private deals and IO including 3rd partners costs
- Evangelize transparent inventory/sell-through forecasts that are easily read by sales and management team – and translate them into actionable go-to-market insights
- To work closely with account managers and the Media Support Team to ensure campaigns bookings are briefed and interpreted correctly, and to ensure that internal and external clients receive excellent customer service
- To provide operational fulfilment support for other members of the team when required
- To line manage two to three direct reports
- At least 3-4 years of work experience in digital advertising working with SSPs/DSPs and programmatic marketplace including RTB, PMP, PG and PD tactics and strategies; background in Ad Operations/Yield Management with video platform experience preferred
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills – generating insights with BI tools; extracting business insights from data using Excel, SQL, etc., with ability to translate into business and go-to-market strategies
- Be a team worker, adaptable and resourceful
- Be able to interact with several teams and handle projects of different nature (sales, product, partner success, etc.)
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that rewards a creative, hands-on approach
- You are able to manage multiple priorities, global stakeholders, strong organizational skills
- You are able to easily adapt to new tasks and move forward by yourself to ensure a successful resolution in front of unexpected problems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an engineering school, business school or university preferred