Writer, Technical, Corporate and Marketing Communications
Title: Writer, Technical, Corporate and Marketing Communications
Employer: iSOCRATES MAdTech Private Limited
Reports to: VP, Global Delivery
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
iSOCRATES advises on and manages data-driven, mission-critical MAdTech platforms, technologies, and processes as the Global Leader in Programmatic Resource Planning and Execution™ serving publishers, marketers, agencies, and enablers.
iSOCRATES meets the needs of the multi-billion-dollar MAdTech industry (Marketing Technology plus Advertising Technology) by providing a unique combination of automation and operations technologies and solutions to both supply-side and demand-side partners in the U.S. and globally.
The Company has two lines of business:
- Planning (Strategy and Operations Consulting)
- Execution (Managed Services and MAdTechBITM)
The firm is staffed with its own proven technology-enabled marketing and advertising platform specialists 24/7/365 at its own wholly owned global delivery centre in Mysuru, Karnataka, India and with its expert partner-facing Partner Success team based in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
Partners save money and time, achieving transparent, accountable performance while receiving extraordinary value. Savings stem from a low-cost, focused global delivery model at scale that benefits from continuous re-investment in technology and specialized training.
The firm is owned by its employees and is headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.
We are looking for a Writer to produce high-quality copy and documentation that contributes to the overall success of our offerings and training materials. You will join a team of talented internal and external talented writers who work collaboratively with technical and non-technical resources to make our offerings easier to understand and to use.
You will write long- and short-form material and papers that make complicated issues clearer, more interesting, and easier to grasp. Researching ideas, creating documents, and editing their work for internal and external publishing are all part of their responsibilities.
iSOCRATES is looking for literate, intelligent, and motivated individuals who are prolific writers with a keen interest in and attention to detail. You should be eager to learn new things and to question the current status quo while seeking for more efficient methods. We are looking for a team member that takes pride in his or her work and wants to share it with others. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and be willing to assist in all aspects of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Our Writer oversees coming up with new content ideas and delivering them while working both individually and as part of a team.
- Expect to research products, services, technologies, and concepts to be documented and easily understood by specific and broad audiences
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions
- Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed
- Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, and form documentation
- Review and/or copy edit content developed by other members of the team
- Carry out research on topics assigned
- Fact-check any data collected during the research process
- Create content in form of articles, blogs, whitepapers, advertorials, etc. based on the data collected from research
- Develop well-researched internal and external pitches and submit them to senior managers for review
- Create style guidelines or project briefs to help you create content.
- Convert the data into understandable, simple-to-understand material for a specified audience.
- Creating high-quality documentation that is suitable for the target audience
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop product and documentation specifications.
- Write user interface text, online assistance, and development guidelines that are simple to read.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain our information architecture
- Fluency in technical software and common office software
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on new challenges and to build on current skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- Ability and interest to improve technical material for consistency and accuracy
- Minimum 5 years professional writing and editing experience creating descriptive and persuasive content for technical and non-technical users
- Blogs, whitepapers, advertorials, social media, website, marketing collateral, webinars, events, proposals, FAQs, wikis, HR memos, JDs, RFPs, etc.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent American English oral and written required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Apps
- Basic familiarity with SDLC and software development
- Commercial copywriting and editing experience with the web, blogs, email, sell sheets, whitepapers, video scripts, commercial sales and marketing presentations, and landing pages
- Experience in blogs, whitepapers, advertorials, social media, website, marketing collateral, webinars, events, proposals, FAQs, wikis, HR memos, JDs, RFPs, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Computer Science, or Engineering required
- “Certifications in English speaking and writing skills is an added advantage”